Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day Nine

I struggled with my calories a bit today.  I guess struggled isn't the right word.  I did really good up until we went to Iceberg with our ward after the temple.  Then my ice cream resistance abilities dropped like a pair of cheap socks.  I didn't even try to resist.  I didn't eat a ton of ice cream either though.  So I probably ended up being over on my calories by a couple hundred when all was said and done.  I don't feel too bad because I have been really good for the past week and it's not like I went over by a thousand calories or something.  Uh oh, I am totally justifying aren't I?  Ice cream is a slippery slope for me so I have to make sure I am really good for the rest of the week.  Don't get me wrong, I don't think indulging once-in-a-while is bad at all.  Once I get to a fitness and health level that I am happy with I plan on being a little more liberal, but I do recognize that I can't just run around eating everything that sounds good at the moment.  That is what got me to where I am, feeling unhealthy and unfit.

How was your day.

3 comments:

  1. Yesterday was awful for me, Lincoln has RSV so I didn't sleep very well. My alarm went off at 5:15am to go to the gym and I put it under my pillow. Then I started feeling sick so I didn't exercise at all yesterday, I'm still not feeling great today so we'll see if it happens or not :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel bad about the ice cream Cass....You might not have been able to resist not having any, but you were able to stop, and only eat a small portion. That is a BIG DEAL!! So pat yourself on the back and give those air high-fives! Keep up the good work sista!!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. cousin Carrie once said, "I run to support my eating habits." so, just golden spoon it or something, make sure to keep small treats and loveables in your diet so you don't ever crash hard. Make it a staple everyday. It will help surpass the biggies. And if you cheat, just work out extra hard, it is about the calorie intake vs. calorie outtake that really matters.

    ReplyDelete