Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Story Behind the Project

Five years ago I weighed 164 pounds.  That is the most I ever saw on the scale, but there was probably a point where I reached 170.  At 5'4" and 164 pounds there was no denying that I had taken up residence in the "fat" category. (If you are 5'4" and 164(ish) pounds don't feel bad that I essentially just called you fat, it doesn't mean I don't like you, it just means there is something you should probably change.) So anyway, I was fat.  But that started to change.  Over the next year I made a few very basic changes.  First, I stopped eating so much.  Second, I was ever so slightly more active. Third, I stopped drinking soda.  I'm not saying I didn't have a single soda in that year, but it was a very rare occasion that I had any.  Most of these changes weren't even conscious changes, just by-products of my new job and living arrangements.  I was busy at work so I wasn't constantly snacking and I lived with my brother and sister-in-law and their kids at the time and I spent a lot of time playing with the kids after work.
Almost a year to the day after I weighed in at 164 pounds someone asked me how much weight I had lost so I weighed in again.  134. What?! 30 pounds!! Sweet! Over the next year I lost another 10.  I stayed between about 124 and 127 for the next couple of years, at least until the last few months.  Recently I have hovered right around 132.  132 doesn't sound like a lot to most people, but for someone that has been overweight for most of their life gaining 7 pounds is terrifying!  I have been wanting to get rid of that extra fatty weight and get toned, but I am so bad at keeping myself motivated and holding myself accountable.  So here I am.  I am going into this little endeavor hoping that documenting my project for all to see might help me stick with it. So here I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment