Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What's for dinner

When I was younger my Grandma showed me a great idea for chicken.  Instead of marinating it in those high sodium and who-knows-what's-in-it whatevers she marinated it in lemon juice.  I love my chicken that way.  It is so yummy without the added calories and sodium.  I had a few grapefruit so the other day I decided to marinate my chicken in grapefruit juice.  It had a great flavor, but I overcooked the chicken a bit and it got kinda dry.  So for a quick dinner, marinate some chicken in fresh citrus juice of your choice, throw it on the grill for a few minutes and serve over brown rice or whole wheat pasta and add a yummy salad to the side.  All in all you are looking at less than 300 calories for a pretty great dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment